Margate Pride CIC strictly adheres to the following code of conduct, and we expect all volunteers, employees, partners, licence holders, consultants, suppliers, clients, and customers, to follow these simple guidelines.
We ask this to make Margate Pride’s impact wide-reaching and long-lasting. We ask this to demonstrate your commitment to the LGBTQIA+ community, making Margate and beyond a safer and better place.
Abuse or threatening behaviour of any kind will not be not tolerated at any Margate Pride event. If you have any concerns on the day, our trained stewards are positioned along the parade route and in other designated Margate Pride event spaces to offer support.
Margate Pride expects everyone to be respectful of each other. Margate Pride will not tolerate any threatening, violent or offensive behaviour against its volunteers, staff, facilitators, creatives, parade participants, stallholders, security personnel or members of the public.
Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
1. Any individual found to be consuming illegal substances on the parade route or wider event footprint will be removed.
2. Margate Pride requests that everyone act responsibly and according to the law with regards to alcohol consumption across the festival and year-round programming.
3. Obscenity, indecent exposure or sexual acts in public by parade participants or stallholders is not allowed in the parade, along the parade route or any other event space managed by Margate Pride. As a guidance, ‘swimsuit coverage’ on the bottom half is the minimum requirement.
4. Margate Pride expects participants to align with its environmental and sustainability policy to reduce, reuse, and recycle. This includes:
– Only using biodegradable glitter
– No smoke, paint or glitter bombs
– No stickers or single use handouts
– No releasing of balloons
– The use of compostable crockery and cutlery
Margate Pride CIC